Perhaps not many people have this issue, but I would like to mention it here.
The system date and time setting on a computer that is running Windows 10 Version 1511 (build 10586.xx) incorrectly reverts to a date and time that is at least one day in the past.
If your envirment is in a private network or proxy, I suggest you run this step in your win 10 image capture process:
Net stop w32time
net start w32time
W32tm.exe /resync /force
How do you know you have time sync problem?
- After machine is installed, time in the log on screen is wrong.
- installation log file smsts.log, you will see the time is jumping in Data/Time column. (use cmtrace to read log files, not notepad)
- machine BIOS clock might changed itself.
- SMSTSUDAUSERS is not set
NOTE: the KB has been updated with a workaround for this issue
Lovely weekend, upgraded from SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU2 to 1511, then 1602, then hotfix KB3155482. At the end, we end up exectly like this, Client Upgrade shows old client version numbers, and SCCM Client package is not updated.
Big thanks for ‘s windows-noob Facebook group, point me out technet forum has same discussion of this matter, –Marc– has reported as bug to MS. https://connect.microsoft.com/ConfigurationManagervnext/feedback/details/2803952
So if you don’t wanna end up like me, please remember promote automatic client upgrade to production before you install this hotfix to your site system.
Here is the fix, Wrex mentioned it in technet forums:
- If you have another test envirment what is upgraded sucessfully, copy all the files from CMUClient from that server to your CMUClient folder, go to step 3.
- If you don’t have another test envirment you can copy those files from, do this:
Go to EasySetupPayload folder, you will find two folders inside it. Sort them with time stamp, the older one is 1602 installation media, new one is hotfix KB31554821) Open the 1602 folder:
1.1) copy all files from “SMSSETUPCLIENT” to “your SCCM installation pathCMUClient”
1.2) copy msrdcoob_amd64.exe, wic_x64_enu.exe and WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe from “redist” to “your SCCM installation pathCMUClientx64”
3)copy ndp452-kb2901907-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe, msrdcoob_x86.exe, silverlight.exe, wic_x86_enu.exe, windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe from “redist” to “”your SCCM installation pathCMUClienti386”
(Optional) If you have choose multiple language in your site, copy also language pack from “redistLanguagePackClient”
Example. Finnish launguage, choose FIN folder, copy “redistLanguagePackClientFINsmssetupClient” to “your SCCM installation pathCMUClient”
2) Open the hotfix folder:
copy all files from “SMSSETUPCLIENT” to “your SCCM installation pathCMUClient”, overwrite older files.
- Open “SQL Manangement Studio”, choose your CM site database, right click, create “new query”, excute this:
select * from ClientBaseline
select * from ClientDeploymentSettingsYou will see version are “5.00.8325.1000”
then excute this:UPDATE ClientDeploymentSettings SET UpgradeVersion = ‘5.00.8355.1306’ WHERE UpgradeProgramName = ‘Configuration Manager Client Upgrade Program’
UPDATE ClientBaseline SET Version = ‘5.00.8355.1306’ WHERE Name = ‘Staging Baseline’
select * from ClientBaseline
select * from ClientDeploymentSettings
You will now see Staging Baseline version is “5.00.8355.1306”
- Update “Configuration Manager Client Piloting Package” package. Open Admin console, go to Applications-Packages, Choose “Configuration Manager Client Piloting Package”, Click update distribution points.Wait until if finished. If you don’t see “Configuration Manager Client Piloting Package”, close Admin console and reopen Admin console as Administrator.
- Check your site hierarchy settings, Client upgrade tab. Pre-production client version should be “5.00.8355.1306”. Uncheck “Upgrade all clients in the hierachy using production client”, if it was checked..
- Now you should able to choose Client Update Options again.
- Choose “I am ready to make pre-production client version available to production”, then OK.
- Check your site hierarchy settings, Client upgrade tab. Production client version should be updated as “5.00.8355.1306”. Check the “Upgrade all clients in the hierachy using production client” check box. then click OK.
- Check you SMSClient folder, those files should be updated themself now, and the “Configuration Manager Client Package” should be automatic updated to distribution points.
Hope this helped you!